SEO Content Writer
In the world of search engine optimization, content is like the king. Whether you’re writing web pages, blog posts or articles, content is an important element of SEO.
Most of the people are searching for “what is an SEO writer” on search engines. So, it seems like the field of SEO content writing is still not familiar to many people despite the importance that SEO content writing plays in the success of online businesses.
So, let’s try to clarify this.
An SEO content writer is a copywriter who is involved in search engine optimization (SEO). Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of trying to improve the search engine ranking of a website so that people can find the website easily when they conduct a search on the search engine.
When writing content, SEO Content writers consider keyword density and prominence, tone, style, and readability to organically elevate a website’s placement in a search engine result.
In today’s digitally intensive communications environment, most copywriters are skilled at writing content that is search engine optimized. When posting for an SEO Copywriter, many companies may use job titles such as Digital Copywriter or Digital Content Developer.
Content writers produce relevant content for websites, blogs, articles, white papers, product descriptions and social media platforms. They create content that is specifically crafted to capture the attention of a particular target audience.
The main duties and responsibilities of a SEO content writer
- Writing search engine optimized copy
- Optimizing current copy on a client’s website (page titles, Meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Blog writing and posting
- Keyword research
- Rank analysis
- Content marketing strategy analysis
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content.
- Developing content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website.
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
- Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience.
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company’s current content.
The main skills that an SEO content writer should possess
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of analytics tools like Google and Bing analytics
Content Writer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, journalism, or related field.
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- A portfolio of published articles.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective communication skills.